Standing Orders for the Conduct of Meetings
- The Board of Governors, from their number, shall elect a Chair/Chairman and a Deputy Chair/Chairman.
- Only independent members are eligible for the appointment as Chair/Chairman.
- Only external members are eligible for appointment as Deputy Chair/ Chairman.
- Staff and student Governors, including the Vice Chancellor, are not eligible for appointment as Chair/Chairman or Deputy Chair/Chairman.
- In the absence of the Chair/Chairman at any meeting, the Deputy Chair/Chairman shall chair the meeting.
- If both the Chair/Chairman and Deputy Chair/Chairman are absent, the members present shall choose an external Governor from among their number to chair the meeting.