Planning your day
- The first thing you need to do is go to the Art & Design Academy to collect your robe and tickets, then have your photographs taken. If you are graduating in the morning, you can access the Art & Design Academy from 8.00am and if you are graduating in the afternoon you can access the Art & Design Academy from 11.00am.
- It takes approximately:
15 minutes to register
20 minutes to collect your gown
20 minutes to walk from the Art & Design Academy to the Cathedral
- There are no car parking facilities at the Art & Design Academy.
The Cathedral car park is available on a first come first served basis and is payable on departure.
Half an hour is Free
Up to 1 hour - £2.00
Up to 2 hours - £3.00
Up to 3 hours - £5.00
All day - £6.00
There is also a Liverpool City Council multi storey car park available at a cost of £1.00 per hour or £4.00 per day. This is located on Mount Pleasant and is approximately a 10 minute walk from the Art & Design Academy, 20 minutes from the Cathedral.
- You can enter the Cathedral from 9.00am for the morning ceremony and from 1.00pm for the afternoon ceremony.
- When you register at the Art & Design Academy you will recieve your seating card which will tell you where you will be seated inside the Cathedral for the ceremony.
If you are graduating in the morning you must be seated in the Cathedral by 10.00am
If you are graduating in the afternoon you must be seated in the Cathedral by 2.00pm
- Each ceremony will last approximately 1hr 30 mins.
- Please note, photogaphy will be available from 8.30am. You can have your photographs taken either before or after your ceremony at the Art & Design Academy. The timing for this is difficult to estimate as it depends on queues on the day.
- Restaurants will be very busy in the city centre so pre booking is advised. Please click here for restaurant listings.