Configuring using Web Outlook
Handling Junk E-mail using Web Outlook
If you are an off campus user, you can configure Web Outlook so that it handles your Junk Email folder in the same way Outlook 2003 does.
- Login as usual. If you have any messages in your Junk E-mail folder (as shown in the folder list) it will be shown in bold, together with the number of messages. To view the messages, simply click on the link.
- If a message has incorrectly been sent to the Junk E-mail folder, right click on it, and choose Add Sender to Safe Senders List
- In a similar way, if a message has incorrectly been sent to the inbox, right click on it and choose Add Sender to Blocked Senders List
Configuring Junk E-mail in Web Outlook
- Click on
- Scroll down the main option list until the Privacy and Junk E-mail Prevention section is displayed. By default, the Filter Junk E-mail option is selected, this is the recommended option. Messages will automatically be filtered using the scoring mechanism described previously.
- If you want to manage either the Safe Senders or Blocked Senders lists, click on Manage Junk E-mail Lists...
- Choose which list you want to modify from the drop down list and then either Add, Edit or Remove entries using the respective buttons
- Click on OK to confirm the changes