Electronic Chart Display and Information System
This MCA approved course provides generic training in the theory and use of Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS) for those who will be in charge of a navigational watch on vessels equipped with ECDIS. The course is designed for candidates seeking certification as officers in charge of a navigational watch and for experienced navigating officers or other persons with navigational responsibilities, such as pilots. The main topics covered are:-
- Principal types of electronic chart
- ECDIS data and it’s presentation
- Specific functions for route planning and monitoring
- Display and function of other navigational information
- Errors in displayed data and of interpretation
- Integrity monitoring
- Documentation, risk assessment and back-up
Duration: 5 days (at least 40 contact hours).
Standard: IMO 1.27
Entry Requirements: The minimum expected entry requirements are for candidates holding OOW certificate of competency and is intended for those who are required to hold an ECDIS certificate.
Issue of certificate: Delegates are assessed by formal examination and their performance and understanding will be continuously assessed throughout the course.