Dr. Jason Kirby
||Job Title||Principal Lecturer in Physical Geography|
|Telephone||+44 (0)151 231 2410|
|Email Address @ljmu.ac.uk||
|Contact Address||Room 240c|
James Parsons Bldg
- 1994 BSc (Hons) Geography, University of Liverpool.
- 1999 PhD ‘Holocene floodplain vegetation dynamics and sea-level change in the lower Aire Valley, Yorkshire’, Department of Geography, University of Hull.
- 2002-2004 Environmental Consultant, Atkins Consultants Ltd.
- 2000-2002 Post-Doctoral Research Assistant, Department of Geography, University Of Plymouth
- 1999-2000 Teaching Fellow, Department of Geography, University of Hull
- 1994-1995 Research Assistant, Sea-Level Research Unit, Department of Geography, University of Durham
Programme Leader for Geosciences
Vice-Chair, Geographical Association, Liverpool & District Branch
Executive Committee Member, Romney Marsh Research Trust
- Holocene sea-level changes and coastal evolution.
- Recent coastal changes and the role of the North Atlantic Oscillation
- Reconstructing Quaternary environments using micropalaeontology (pollen, diatoms and foraminifera).
- Vegetation history and palaeoecology. Climate changes and human impact on the environment. Applied research interests include ecohydrology and coastal and river management.