Student competition: Global Entrepreneurship Congress
14 February 2012
Win a ticket (worth £150) to the prestigious Global Entrepreneurship Congress Summit on 13 March.
If you've been dreaming of starting your own business one day, here's your chance to do something about it.
The Global Entrepreneurship Congress is rolling into Liverpool between 9 and 16 March. It's the premier global festival of entrepreneurship and the largest gathering of start-up champions from more than 90 countries.
The key date of the Congress is the GEC Summit (http://gec.unleashingideas.org/programme/index.asp), which is taking place on Tuesday 13 March.
Serial entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson will headline the day, and will be joined by:
- Former Tesco CEO Sir Terry Leahy
- The UK Digital Champion and founder of Lastminute.com, Martha Lane Fox
- Lord Michael Heseltine, founder (in 1957) of the enduring Haymarket publishing group and former Deputy Prime Minister
- Paul Lindley of Ella's Kitchen, 2011 Entrepreneur of the Year at the Orange National Business Awards
- Lara Morgan, founder of Pacific Direct and Company Shortcuts
- Doug Richard, former 'Dragon' from BBC TV’s Dragons' Den and founder of School for Start Ups.
The University’s Centre for Entrepreneurship has a number of tickets worth £150 for students to win.
Emma Hunter, Head of LJMU's Centre for Entrepreneurship said:
"This could be life-changing for any would-be self-starters out there. It's a rare chance to mix with other entrepreneurs, be inspired by the experience and insight of some of the best business minds and rub shoulders with political figures, policy makers and innovative thinkers from all over the world."
To be in with a chance of winning, email Louise Petrie (email@example.com ) with the following:
- (In 100 words or less), explain how attending the GEC Summit on the 13 March will help you achieve your business start-up dream.
- Your name, course, and year of graduation.
- Phone number, email address.
- Details if you are currently working on a business idea.
The closing date is Friday 24 February, at 5.00pm.
Terms and conditions:
You must be a current LJMU student to take part in this competition.
Winners will be informed on 27 February and will be issued with a code that generates a ticket.
The judges' decision is final.
If you have a business idea that you would like to explore with the help of the Centre for Entrepreneurship, please call the team: 0151 231 3300 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org