LJMU’s print delivery service goes from strength to strength
28 February 2012
After introducing the new Print Service delivery last December, the Infrastructure Services team has put the following support arrangements in place:
- Carl Anderson, Postal Assistant is responsible for Print Service deliveries in the Byrom Street Campus.
- Billy Taylor, Postal Assistant is responsible for Print Service deliveries in the John Foster Building and the Art and Design Academy.
- Billy Griffiths, Postal Assistant is responsible for Print Service deliveries for IM Marsh.
This enhanced service has led to an increase in requests for jobs produced by the Central Print Unit, meaning that there has been significant financial savings for the University (savings from using the Central Print Unit compared to local multi-functional devices range between 35% and 50% depending on the type of printing required).
In addition to saving money from your budget, the machines in the Central Print Unit are typically eight times faster than the local multi-functional devices, so many print jobs have same day or next day delivery.
During the first three months of the new service, the Central Print Unit has received positive feedback from staff across the University, especially about turnaround times.
The Central Print Unit offers a range of services including:
- A4-A3 black and white and colour copying
- Laminating plus a wide range of finishes and binding options
- The option to see, amend and approve proofs before your documents are printed
So, if you want to save time, effort and money don't use your local printer, send your job to the Central Print Unit.
For further information and details about submitting a job visit the Central Print Unit webpages
To talk through your print requirements or for further information, contact Peter Kenny on ext: 4175, email: email@example.com or Jeremy Crayden on ext: 4174, email: firstname.lastname@example.org