The Cell Biology Research group comprises:
- Two fully-equipped laboratories for tissue and cell culture work.
- Fluorescent Olympus BX51 microscope
- Confocal LSM510 Zeiss microscope with CO2 and heating chamber for live experiments
- Atomic Force Asylum Research MFP-3D microscope with CO2 and heating chamber for live experiments
- State of the art transmission electron 1200EX microscope, environmental scanning electron Quanta200 microscopes and scanning electron Inspect S microscope, all with X-ray analysis and cryo-stage facilities.