68 Hope Street

68 Hope Street

The impressive stone building was constructed in two phases. The frontage to Mount Street was the original Liverpool School of Art of 1883 ( Architect: Thomas Cook ). It is a Grade II Listed Building, in the Rodney Street Conservation Area.The extension along Hope St dates from 1910. ( William Hope, a merchant, built the first house in the street on the corner of Hardman St.)The site is now occupied by the Philharmonic pub.

The School of Humanities & Social Science ( part of the Faculty of Arts, Professional and Social Studies ) have recently occupied the newly refurbished building.

Building Data

     
Building Address 68 Hope St Liverpool L1 9HW Gross Floor Area 5341 Sq M
Number of Floors 6
       
Building Date 1883 Mount Pleasant Campus Help Desk
 
 
 

Access

Access for wheelchair and mobility impaired users is available via the front entrance to the ground floor. Partial access to the 1st and 2nd floors via lift. Basement is accessible via lift.



Page last modified by Hilary Ellis on 05 September 2011.
 
LJMU Logo banner imageLJMU Logo banner image (print)
LJMU banner image
LJMU Dream, Plan Achieve - Page ID:59041