Postgraduate learning resources
Our Learning Resource Centres provide access to all the resources and student support services you’ll need to succeed in your postgraduate studies.
Each Learning Resource Centre has collections specific to the academic needs of the Faculties and students it supports. But as an LJMU student you can view and borrow books and other items from all of the University’s collections, not just those in your local Centre.
Our recently refurbished Special Collections and Archives area incorporates an archives consultation area, researchers’ work room, professional sound studio and staff and student social space.
With 24/7 opening hours during semesters and designated postgraduate study areas, featuring larger desks, networked PCs, bookable meeting rooms and rooms to view DVDs; you can plan your study time to fit in around your other commitments.
The Centres are a ‘one-stop shop’ for students; you can get advice on everything from study skills to exam timetables and student funding, submit assignments, pay your fees as well as having access to all the resources you need for your research and coursework.
Extensive information such as e-journals and databases may be accessed 24 hours a day, either via any networked university computer or through the off-campus application. This service enables you to access everything on the LJMU computer network from any PC with internet access, anywhere in the world.
- More than 820,000 items including 650,000 printed monographs, 120,000 eBooks, 50,000+ electronic journal titles
- International, national and local newspapers (including archived editions)
- Legal databases and company journals
- Research and Learning Support officers can help you find and use all the resources you need in the Learning Resource Centres
- 24 hours access during semesters
- Dedicated quiet and silent study zones