LJMU and Liverpool Student's Union assign great importance to our role within the wider world, and are committed to supporting, using and promoting Fairtrade products.
Liverpool John Moores University has been awarded Fairtrade university status in recognition of its Fairtrade policy and achievement of the following goals:
- Creation of a Fairtrade policy.
- Fairtrade foods available for sale in all campus shops and used in all campus cafes/restaurants/bars where possible.
- Fairtrade foods (tea and coffee) served at all meetings hosted by the University and the Students' Union and served in all University and Students' Union management offices.
- Continuing campaigns for increased fairtrade consumption on campus.
- Meetings of the Fairtrade Steering Group to continually monitor and improve the University's support of Fairtrade.
The Fairtrade policy can be found here LJMU Fairtrade Policy
The Fairtrade Foundation has recently renewed LJMU's status as a Fairtrade University. The 2010/2011 Renewal Feedback Report can be found here Fairtrade Status Renewal
The 2008/2009 University Renewal Feedback Report can be found here Renewal Application for Fairtrade University Status
For price information on Fairtrade goods from LJMU approved suppliers, please contact Procurement Services Team.
For further information on Fairtrade visit the Fairtrade Foundation website: www.fairtrade.org.uk