You've got your place at LJMU, made the journey to the UK, and have now arrived in one of the most exciting and historic cities in the UK - congratulations!
LJMU is proud of its welcoming and diverse student community and we are delighted to welcome international students from 100+ countries around the world to Liverpool and our University campus.
Our International Student Advisers are dedicated to helping you settle into life at Liverpool and the University. They are experienced in dealing with the kinds of issues that international students may face when moving to a new country, such as visa renewal, accommodation, financial concerns and the natural challenges emerging from developing a new ‘home away from home’.
Contact our international student advisors at:
Tel: 0151 231 3673
The range of support services include:
- Study support and English language workshops: These free workshops run throughout the academic year. For details, go to: www.ljmu.ac.uk/studysupport
- Spiritual support: LJMU’s Spiritual Support team offers confidential, non-judgmental pastoral care and support to students and staff of all beliefs and backgrounds. For more information, go to: www.ljmu.ac.uk/spirituality
- International Grants: LJMU Chaplains can help international students apply for small grants (typically £500) to support you while you are studying. Certain conditions apply. For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multi-faith and Muslim payer rooms: The quiet spaces in Mount Pleasant campus, the Henry Cotton Building and IM Marsh campus are designed to be multi-faith. Henry Cotton also offers an additional room for Muslim prayers. For more information, please contact the Student Advice Team.
- Counselling service: LJMU’s free counselling service is open to all students at LJMU. Based in Kingsway House, Hatton Gardens, the Counselling Team can be contacted by calling 0151 904 6123 or emailing email@example.com.
- Support for students with disabilities: Call 0151 904 6037/6052, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of the support available. If you become ill or have a temporary disability while studying in the UK, emergency funding may be available in certain circumstances.
- International students with families: If you are planning to bring your dependants to the UK, please contact LJMU’s International Student Advisers for advice and guidance.
Welcome to The Liverpool Students' Union
Big Welcome event
Liverpool welcomes international students to the city in an event at St George's Hall
Facilities @ LJMU
For more information about our libraries click here
Student Advice and Wellbeing
For more information about the support we can provide to our students please visit here