BSc (Hons) Building Contract Management
Please click here for the 2013 Building Contract Management Factfile.
Faculty of Technology and Environment
School of Built Environment
Introduction to the course
Your Programme Leader for this course in Building Contract Management is Éamonn Kirke (Email: email@example.com), please contact him if you require further information.
Éamonn teaches Construction Contract Practice and Procurement. He is a chartered surveyor, and he has a BSc in Quantity Surveying, an LLB and an LLM in UK Business Law. He has been a University lecturer for nearly twenty five years.
The aims and objectives of the proposed programme are in accordance with the School of the Built Environment mission statement and strategic aims. The aims and objectives of the programme also reflect the University’s strategic plan of providing high quality vocational education that is grounded in academic and business needs.
1. To provide a well-balanced education which allows the student to achieve his/her full academic potential at first degree level and in doing so to facilitate the development of independent logical thought and judgement.
2. To enable the student to develop his/her intellectual, analytical and critical abilities in order that he/she might exercise those abilities within the disciplines which constitute Built Environment studies.
3. To produce a basis for general professional experience and to encourage a consciousness of the professional, business and commercial environment.
4. To facilitate the development of transferable and graduate employability skills and an awareness of the need to plan, develop and record life long learning.
5. To provide the framework within which students can achieve the level of attainment, appropriate to their abilities in the context of the programme of study that provides recognition of that level.
6. To provide a medium for Honours students to explore the potential of their acquired knowledge and to pursue those aspects which they find most stimulating.