BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying Studies
Course ModulesPlease click here for the 2013 Quantity Surveying Studies factfile
Faculty of Technology and Environment
School of Built Environment
Introduction to the course
Your Programme Leader for this course in Building Contract Management is Éamonn Kirke (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org), please contact him if you require further information.
Éamonn teaches Construction Contract Practice and Procurement. He is a chartered surveyor, and he has a BSc in Quantity Surveying, an LLB and an LLM in UK Business Law. He has been a University lecturer for nearly twenty five years.
The aim of the course is to provide:
· A programme of study in Quantity Surveying which facilitates acquisition of the essential skills and knowledge of the subject across a wide variety of application domains focusing upon the technologies and processes available to produce building projects.
· Students with appropriate learning experiences to enable them to develop their skills and attitudes as independent researchers and innovative problem solvers to the fullest possible potential.
· To make students aware of existing and future issues in the construction and property industry and how they are likely to impinge on the role and function of the Quantity Surveyor.
· To develop the student's management skills in the areas of projects, people and information.
· To make the student aware of the responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor in relation to sustainability and the environmental impact of the construction process and environmental issues within the construction and property industry.