Year 12/13 (Year 13/14 NI)
Our Student Recruitment Team is pleased to offer specialised advice and guidance to meet the needs of different groups of students. Below is a summary of the various talks and workshops we offer to Year 12/13 (Year 13/14 N. Ireland) students.
In addition to these talks we can organise group visits to our Open Days where your students can find out more about the courses we offer, view our teaching facilities and get information about finance issues and accommodation options. We can also arrange for your students to come and visit the campus at other times, perhaps to find out more about a particular subject area. The team also regularly attends HE and careers fairs in schools and colleges, so if you're arranging one, drop us a line. Whatever your HE liaison needs might be, our team is happy to help. Please note: we do not charge for these services.
Introduction to HE
- What is university study all about?
- Information about the benefits of HE, the kinds of courses on offer and what you can expect from life as a student.
Why come to LJMU?
- Courses, facilities, accommodation and student life at our university.
Student finance and budgeting
- Making sense of fees, loans and bursaries, as well as tips on how to manage life on a student budget.
Student life talks from current LJMU students
- An LJMU student discusses all aspects of life at university as opposed to school, encouraging the group to give suggestions and relating anecdotes about their own university experience.
- Tips on interview techniques, before trying it out for real.
Making the most of Open Days
- Helping you to prepare your thoughts before you go, what to ask when you get there and how to use the information you gain to help you make your application decisions.
How to ... the UCAS Online application system
- Step by step guidance on filling in the online form.
- How to sell yourself to university admissions tutors and get the edge over the competition.
Subject specific presentations (e.g. Business, Teacher Training, Engineering, Media)
- Entry requirements, course content and career options in any of the subjects offered at LJMU.
To find out more, contact:
Tel: 0151 904 6362
Tel: 0151 904 6364