1. Volunteering develops skills which equip you for life and work
2. It opens up new opportunities and challenges
3. You experience diversity and integrate with the community
4. You make friends with like-minded people
5. Volunteering is fun, exciting and fulfilling
6. Volunteering builds your confidence
7. Volunteering enhances your CV
8. Volunteering makes a difference
9. It improves your job prospects and employability
10. It can influence your career choice
Volunteering fact: 26% of all volunteers cite 'sport' as their main area of interest.
This information comes from the 'Sports Volunteering in England' research document commissioned by Sport England in 2002.