Sport at LJMU
Sport for all ...
Liverpool John Moores University is committed to an ethos of sporting opportunities for all. LJMU was the first UK University to be awarded an Ofsted Grade A in Physical Education and it is also the premier institution for both teaching and research in Sport and Exercise Sciences.
Whether you are an elite athlete competing at the highest level, or someone who is keen to follow an academic programme centred around the physiological and psychological aspects of sports, or if you're just a student or member of staff who wants to get fit and have fun doing it, at LJMU you should be able to find an activity or sport to suit you.
LJMU students have free access to Lifestyles Sports Centres across Liverpool
As an LJMU student you will get free access to the city council's Lifestyles Fitness Centres (as a result of a ground breaking partnership between the University and Liverpool City Council). This means that you don't have to pay to use the facilities during off peak-times. If you want to upgrade your membership so you can use the facilities during peak hours, you can do so for a discounted fee of between £5 and £9 per month (depending on the package you choose).
You'll get to use top-of-the-range gym equipment and make the most of the city's swimming pools - including the Olympic sized Liverpool Aquatics Centre in Wavertree. You will also have access to golf courses, squash and badminton courts and many coached fitness classes or tennis court bookings.
There are plenty of locations to choose from, so wherever you decide to live whilst studying at LJMU there's bound to be a Lifestyles Centre close by. Once you have your LJMU student card and register on the scheme, you'll able to enjoy a top range of sport and leisure past times.
Using the left hand menu, you will find all the sporting information you need to know including:
- Details about LJMU Sports Scholarship Scheme including how to apply and profiles of our leading Sports Scholars
- Information about the sports facilities available to LJMU students including all of Liverpool's Lifestyles Centres, what's on offer at LJMU's IM Marsh campus, facilities for Sports Scholars and the Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Our sports related courses – we offer a range of programmes
- Sports clubs and competitions – mainly offered by the Students' Union
- What' on offer in the way of sporting events and facilities in Liverpool and the region.