Dr Dave Harriss
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Exercise & Health Physiology
Dave is a Lecturer in Exercise and Health Physiology within the School of Sport and Exercise Sciences. He received a first class honours degree in Sport Science and his doctorate in cardiovascular control from Liverpool John Moores University. Between 2001 and 2005 he was a senior lecturer in Exercise Physiology at the University of Hertfordshire.
- Exercise, Nutrition and Health
- Sports Nutrition and Supplementation
- Exercise Physiology
- Research Methods
- Major Project
- Research ethics and governance
- Colorectal cancer and physical activity
- Post-exercise hypotension
- Research ethics and the Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Fructose and physical activity
- Member of the LJMU Research Ethics Committee
- Deputy chair of the School of Sport and Exercise Sciences Research Ethics Committee
- Designated individual on the LJMU Human Tissue Authority licence
- Undergraduate Level 3 year tutor
CollaboratorsInternal - member of the:
- LJMU Physical Activity, Exercise and Health Research Group
- LJMU Cardiovascular Science Research Group
- LJMU Muscle Physiology and Metabolism Research Group
- Member of the Colorectal Cancer Lifestyle, Exercise And Research (C-CLEAR) group.
- Professor Najib Haboubi, Trafford General Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester.
- Doctor Andrew Renehan, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester.