Student Recruitment and Admissions
Welcome from Carolyn Williams, Director
Welcome to the Student Recruitment and Admissions (SRA) webpage. As Director of Student Recruitment and Admissions I oversee the team responsible for the recruitment of students, admissions and widening participation at Liverpool John Moores University. The aim of these webpages is to tell you a little bit more about what we do, and ways in which we hope to work with you in the future.
Services provided by SRA include:
- Admissions Policy and LJMU Code of Practice for Admissions
- Reporting on undergraduate and postgraduate admissions (home and international)
- Providing research analysis on applicant, course, sector and competitor data
- International Admissions team – supporting international students and faculties by determining fee status, equivalent qualifications, producing Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) and ensuring all international applicants meet UKVI compliance rules
- Advice and support for the promotion of courses, events and key information
- Manage the University’s relationship with UCAS
- The Clearing process (home and international)
- Applicant and enquirer data management from all sources, target marketing, e-newsletters, event registration
- Host Open Days, Applicant Days, Campus Tours and taster sessions involving schools and colleges (home)
- Outreach, building relationships with schools and colleges (years 9-12) and community groups in the UK and Ireland
- Represent LJMU at Higher and Further Education fairs across the UK and Ireland
- Inbound course enquiries, via telephone (0151 231 5090), email (email@example.com) and Twitter (@askLJMU)
- Co-ordinate volunteering projects for students and staff, working with the community
- Raise aspirations and attainment via widening participation activity
- Recruitment of student advocates that assist with recruitment and widening participation activities
- Manage prospectuses, course information and promotional material (UG and PG)
- Maintain the prospective student area of the website (UG and PG)
- Accommodation Office (home and international) - providing all new students with high quality student accommodation
- Management of sports scholarship programme.
In addition to working closely with both academic and administrative staff within the Faculties, there is considerable liaison with Marketing and Corporate Communications, Student Advice and Wellbeing, International and Collaborative Partnerships, The World of Work Careers Centre, Policy & Regulation and IT Services.