Summer Skills - student information
29 March 2007
The Summer Skills 2007 Programme will allow you to develop and enhance your World of Work (WoW) Skills
Are you a final year student? Would you like to practise your job application and interview skills?
If so, why not take advantage of LJMU's special summer skills programme of free events, training and practical advice specifically targeted at the graduating class of 2007.
The summer skills programme will be based in LJMU's new Graduate Development Centre, a state-of-the-art training facility located in Liverpool city centre.
The sessions will be delivered by careers and employability experts, and are designed to boost student employability and give you a head start in the graduate market place.
The sessions will enable you to:
- Develop a better understanding of your skills, abilities and experiences gained while at LJMU
- Understand local labour markets and what employers are looking for
- Market yourself more effectively with focused applications, confident interviewing skills and successful presentations
- Practise and experience key recruitment and selection techniques, including psychometric tests, assessment centre practice days and one-to-one interviews
- Get expert feedback on your performance
This programme of events is free of charge and is open to undergraduates and postgraduates who are finishing their degrees in 2007.
The programme will embrace a wide range of topics, including:
- Job hunting skills and local employment market information
- How to apply for jobs effectively
- Preparing for interviews
- Preparing for assessment centres
- Psychometric testing
- Self employment and business planning
Sessions begin on 21 May 2007. To find out more about what's on offer and to book your place on a session, please go to www.ljmu.ac.uk/summerskills