Test your knowledge of the environment
Take our short quiz, just ten questions, to find out how much you know about the environment. If you'd like to try the quiz again, refresh this page in your browser.
Start the quiz
1. How much plastic is used each year in the UK?
2. What uses the most power in the home?
3. Since the introduction of the 5p charge, by what percentage has England reduced its usage of plastic bags?
4. How much paper does the average British family throw out each year?
The equivalent of six trees
The equivalent of one tree
The equivalent of three trees
The equivalent of nine trees
5. How much less energy is needed to recycle paper in comparison to making it from raw materials?
6. How shouldn't you dispose of used cooking oil?
Use soap and hot water to wash the grease down the drain
Recycle it via a community scheme
Freeze it and then scoop it into a suitable container and throw it out with the rest of the household waste
7. How many slices of bread are thrown away every day?
8. How many trees are cut down each year to make disposable nappies?
9. What percentage of our landfills are composed of packaging materials?
10. What was the hottest year on record, according to NASA?
Thanks for taking part!