Accessibility guide for LJMU Sports Centre
- Accessible toilet facilities are located to the rear of the ground floor, on the left, and on the first floor to the left when exiting the lift.
- Accessible toilet facilities with an accessible shower are located on the first floor to the left when exiting the lift.
- The doors are heavy,
- These are shared toilet.
- There is a/are Changing Places toilet(s) located to the rear of the ground floor, on the left.
- The facility is approximately 16m (17yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The facility is in addition to standard and accessible toilets.
- The facility is located close to other managed facilities (e.g. reception or service counter).
- There is ramped/sloped access to the facility.
- The door is heavy.
- The facility changing bench is wall mounted.
- The facility changing bench height is adjustable.
- There is a shower unit with a detachable shower head.
- The shower head is height adjustable.
- There is no seat for the shower.
Accessible changing room
- Accessible changing facilities are located on the first floor at the end of the corridor.
- This accessible changing room is located at the end of the first floor corridor.
- This accessible changing room is approximately 20m from the lift.
- The accessible changing room is approximately 12m from the gym.
- There is step-free access to the accessible changing room, via lift.
- A key is not required for the accessible changing room.
- The door is heavy.
- This is a shared changing room.
- Accessible shower facilities are located within the standard changing rooms on the first floor.
- The lift is located to the left as you enter.
- Signs indicating the location of the lift are not available from the entrance.
- The lift is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator. The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The internal controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- There is a hearing loop system.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The car park can be used by Blue Badge holders.
- There are no parking charges that apply on the day.
- The car park is located at the side of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 6 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The nearest designated bay is 58m (63yd 1ft) from the Main Entrance.
- The route from the car park to the building is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
Please check LJMU AcessAble for further information.