Our two day summer residential for Year 10 students in local authority care is a great opportunity to experience life at LJMU. Students will discover what life at university is like and hear first-hand about the support that is available to them.
- an introduction into the higher education experience
- campus tours and overnight stay in LJMU accommodation
- hands-on taster sessions in one of LJMU’s many subject areas
- opportunities to participate in social activities
- a chance to speak to current care-experienced LJMU students
We’ve had many students attend past residentials not knowing anyone before they arrived and leaving with firm friends, but if students do feel more comfortable bringing a friend* along, that can be arranged. This event is free and includes transport to and from LJMU, all meals, refreshments and the materials needed throughout the event.
To register to attend please complete the application form and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Students must be from a widening participation background