Bridge Resource Management
Duration: Three days
Prerequisites: Deck officer CoC
Assessment: Continuous monitoring of candidate performance and procedural understanding throughout the course with a final competence check conducted by an end of course written assessment
Teaching: The candidates are provided with an opportunity to implement navigational procedures learnt in the classroom, providing them with an opportunity to gain confidence in bridge watchkeeping and teamwork by use of simulators.
Accreditation/Approval: MCA as per the STCW code section STCW A-II/2-3
This course is aimed at masters and mates seeking to enhance their skills in effective bridge resource management procedures. The course is primarily designed to be offered over three days but can be extended to incorporate specific procedures required by a company.
The aim of the training is to prepare delegates in effective bridge resource management procedures. Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand basic human behaviour and the effect of cultural background and personality types
- Understand the causes and effects of stress and fatigue and the importance of maintaining good sleep patterns
- Prepare and execute a detailed passage plan
- Achieve the best use of available resources for the safe navigation of the vessel
- Apply effective communication skills within a bridge team
- Appreciate the need and value of effective bridge procedures
- Effectively interpret ship manoeuvring data
There is no formal examination, but the delegate’s performance and understanding will be continuously assessed throughout the course. A certificate will be issued by demonstration that the defined objectives have been met.
For more information or to register for this course, please get in touch with us.