Duration: Five days
1. Must be at least 17 years old
2. The following certification and experience will permit entry on to the EDH course and examination;
- An MCA-accepted Yachtmaster Offshore; or
- A Yacht Rating with at least 6 months’ seagoing service and a steering certificate; or
- An NWR Certificate; or
- A Boat Master Licence (BML) Tier 1 level 2 certificate; or
- A Tug Rating with at least 6 months’ seagoing service and a steering certificate or an NWR Certificate
3. A minimum of 6 months’ seagoing service in vessels of 15m or more in category C, D waters or beyond.
4. Valid medical fitness certificate recognised by the MCA such as ENG1 or equivalent.
Accreditation/Approval: MCA as per the MSN 1862
Overview: The Efficient Deck Hand (EDH) course is designed to train candidates to undertake duties related to deck operations such as rope work, cargo handling, shipboard maintenance and pollution prevention. This training leads the candidates to the EDH examination conducted at the Centre.
This course is offered on demand, please email Maritime@ljmu.ac.uk for more information.