Duration: Two days
- MCA-approved MNTB Tanker Fire Fighting training
- Current ENG1 medical certificate or MCA-accepted equivalent
- 3 months’ approved seagoing service on liquefied gas tankers; and be assessed as meeting the learning objectives of the MNTB basic training for liquefied gas tanker cargo operations by a training centre approved by the MCA to deliver that programme; or
- Hold the four Basic Safety Training certificates (PST, PSSR, FP&FF, EFA)
Accreditation/Approvals: MCA under STCW Code V/1-1 Para 1
Overviews: This course is a pre-requisite for seafarers seeking employment on gas tankers. Development in alignment with the MNTB standard, the course covers knowledge for:
- Safe cargo operation of a liquefied gas tanker
- Precautions to prevent hazards
- Occupational health and safety precautions and measures
- Responding to emergencies
- Pollution prevention of the environment from the release of liquefied gas
Candidates wishing obtain Dangerous Cargo Endorsement must also have attended Tanker Fire Fighting course prior to attending this course.
Registration for this course is not yet open. Check back soon for updates.