Vacancies at LJMU
Join the team at Liverpool John Moores University
Take a look at our current vacancies
Why join us?
- We were the first UK university to be recognised by the British Quality Foundation for business excellence and people management practice.
- We are an inclusive workplace and pride ourselves on being committed to equality and diversity.
- In addition to our fantastic benefits (and Benefits Plus) package, Liverpool John Moores was an early adopter, and the largest employer in Liverpool to become a Living Wage Employer.
- We work together as ‘One University’ – sharing knowledge, working in partnership, and coming together with a common purpose.
- So far, we’ve invested £160 million in the development of state-of-the-art facilities, and we’ve got big plans for further investment in our infrastructure in the next few years.
Established and building on our past successes
We began as a mechanics and apprentices’ library in 1823 and we’ve grown into a 25,000 strong student community, have established partnerships with other respected education institutions, high profile businesses and cultural organisations globally and our buildings have transformed the cityscape.
A renewed vision for the future
Our new 2017-2022 Strategic Plan builds upon our recognised success in the 2017 National Student Survey, TEF, QAA Higher Education Review and REF2014 as well as ongoing investments in digital learning technologies, the development of a new student-focussed campus and the continued expansion of our international operations.
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation
Liverpool John Moores University signed the Armed Forces Covenant on 11 October 2021. This ensures members of the Armed Forces community are treated fairly in our communities, economy, and society. This is echoed within our own LJMU vision and values underpinning our commitment to providing opportunities for people of all backgrounds and supporting them to flourish. We actively work with the Career Transition Partnership and Forces Families Jobs to advertise our job roles and have established an Armed Forces Network, supporting employees who are Reservists, Veterans, and spouses/partners.
LJMU is committed to the support and development of its staff. It encourages individuals and teams to embrace opportunities for skill development, self-improvement and knowledge enhancement in order to reach their potential and meet their career ambitions. As part of this commitment, we offer a wide range of engaging and impactful training and development opportunities as well as the chance to take part in special projects/cross-university work and embark upon one-to-one coaching and mentoring.
A rewarding career
Every member of staff at LJMU works towards enhancing the experience and opportunities for students. Do you have what it takes to make a positive impact on our students? Join the 2,000+ strong community of academic staff, researchers and other professionals that are helping to shape the minds of the future.
We’re working on innovations and creative thought with real outcomes that benefit society today and help to shape tomorrow. With our four research centres, five research institutes, numerous research groups and 550 postgraduate research students, we are ranked in the top 25 English universities for PhD completion rates. See the type of research we’re involved in.
If this sounds like your sort of place, we’d love you to join us. Take a look at our current vacancies.
Benefits to working with us
As a member of the LJMU community you will be able to access a wide range of benefits to help support your lifestyle and interests including:
- Annual leave: allowance of 30 days (for grade 3-7 staff and the Executive Leadership Team) and 35 days (for grades 8-10) plus 8 public holidays
- Pension: access to a generous defined benefit pension scheme
- Travel: various interest free travel loans for annual season tickets and cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working: maintain a healthy balance between work and home life with opportunities to work flexibly – including flexitime and job sharing where possible
- Health and wellbeing: we offer a wide range of wellbeing support including Employee Assistance Programme, mental health support, annual voluntary dental plan and on site gym facilities.
- Community: there are plenty of opportunities to give back to the community through volunteering, supporting our Corporate Charities and getting involved in groups such as LJMU Together which recognises the contribution of our lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender staff and students, Disability Equality Group and Culturally Diverse Group. There is also an opportunity to give to charities through the Payroll Giving scheme
- ‘More For You’ from Vivup: in addition to the great benefits above, our close ties to organisations and businesses within the region and further afield means we can offer discounts for many shops, restaurants and services and free or discounted tickets to a range of events.
Relocating to Liverpool?
Take a look at our relocating section for everything you need to know about what it’s like to live here and how we can help you with your move.