[Please select colour scheme]
LJMU Alumni Award - 15% tuition fee discount
If you’re a former Liverpool John Moores University student, you could be eligible for a 15% discount on your postgraduate tuition fees. The 15% fee reduction will apply automatically to eligible students starting from September 2016 onwards. You do not need to apply.
- You have successfully completed a degree programme from Liverpool John Moores University
- The Award can apply to either a taught masters of a research degree programme
- You can either be paying your own fees or be in receipt of sponsorship (see Exclusions below)
- The LJMU Alumni Award is open to students from the UK, EU or international students
- PGC/DE (initial teacher education) programmes, PG Dip Architecture/March Architecture are excluded as fees are charged at an undergraduate rate
- Students who receive a fee bursary for the following programmes will be excluded: MA Social Work, MSc Environmental Planning
- CPD programmes are excluded
- Liverpool John Moores University staff who are fully sponsored under the University’s Staff Development Policy will be excluded
- Students in receipt of an LJMU Fee Scholarship will not be able to receive both awards and will be allocated the Award with the highest value
If you would like to find out more about the LJMU Alumni Award, please contact the Academic Registry team.
How you pay your tuition fees
At the start of each new academic year, you need to either pay your tuition fees (plus any other related course costs) or provide evidence your fees will be paid by a sponsor.
- Student Loans Company. This includes the Student Awards Agency for Scotland, the local authorities in Wales and the library boards in Northern Ireland
- an employer
- Another body, such as a local authority, that have accepted responsibility for paying your fees
Please note, your sponsor must have a UK address and postcode.
If it is unclear who is paying your fees, or the sponsor refuses or fails to pay, the University will assume you are paying them.
If your fees are not being paid by a sponsor, the University expects full payment of any outstanding fees within 30 days of enrolment, unless arrangements have been made to pay by instalments.
If you are paying your tuition fees yourself, you should arrange an instalment plan at the beginning of your programme or year of study. You can do this through epay.
For further information regarding tuition fees, please contact us.
I'm having problems paying my fees
If you have not paid your fees in full within 30 days of enrolment, established an instalment plan, or provided evidence of sponsorship, we will contact you regarding fee payment.
Initially we will contact you by email, to your University account. We will then contact you by formal letter, to your home and local addresses.
Please do not ignore these communications. Our intention is to remind you about your outstanding balance and to highlight that the sooner you address any issues regarding payment the easier it may be for us to assist you.
If you are having trouble paying your fees, please contact the Student Administration Centre.
If your situation is of a temporary nature, or there is a delay in confirmation of funding, the Student Administration Centre may be able to extend the period before the University takes further action, or establish an instalment plan that takes account of your particular circumstances.
If your situation is more serious, or there is an issue with your funding, for example if there is a delay in support from the Student Loans Company, the Student Administration Centre may arrange for you to see an advisor from our Student Advice and Wellbeing team.Alternatively, you can contact the Student Advice and Wellbeing team directly.
"I fell in love with both Liverpool and LJMU...the University not only has a good curriculum but it's concerned about individual students."
The fees quoted at the top of this page cover registration, tuition, supervision, assessment and examinations as well as:
- Library membership with access to printed, multimedia and digital resources
- Access to programme-appropriate software
- Library and student IT support
- Free on-campus wifi via eduroam
Although not all of the following are compulsory/relevant, you should keep in mind the costs of:
- accommodation and living expenditure
- books (should you wish to have your own copies)
- printing, photocopying and stationery
- PC/laptop (should you prefer to use your own)
- mobile phone/tablet (to access online services)
- field trips (travel and activity costs)
- placements (travel expenses and living costs)
- student visas (international students only)
- study abroad opportunities (travel costs, accommodation, visas and immunisations)
- academic conferences (travel costs)
- professional-body membership
- graduation (gown hire etc)
This programme is not eligible for the LJMU Alumni Award
There are many ways to fund postgraduate study for home and international students. From loans to International Scholarships and subject-specific funding, you’ll find all of the information you need on our specialist postgraduate funding pages.
Full timeUCAS code 2B78 Points required 112
MEng (Hons)Full timeUCAS code 2D36 Points required 128
BEng (Hons)Full timeUCAS code 4L63 Points required 88
BSc (Hons)Full timeUCAS code K130 Points required 104
BA (Hons)Full timeUCAS code K100 Points required 128
BA (Hons)Full timeUCAS code A002 Points required 72
BA (Hons)Full timeUCAS code A001 Points required 112
BA (Hons)Full timeUCAS code A008 Points required 72