Architecture students

Information for 2016/17 UK postgraduates

Funding and fees for architecture students

What funding is available as an architecture student?

In terms of funding, the BA (Hons) Architecture and the MArch are viewed as one course.

Students studying architecture are funded through their undergraduate course and their MArch as if it is one continuous course.  This applies as long as you are continuing from the BA (Hons) Architecture onto the MArch, with only relevant work experience between the two courses. If you wish to start the MArch as a standalone course then you should seek advice about your funding options.

As an EU student, you can apply for a tuition fee loan. You won’t be able to receive funding for your living costs unless you have lived in the UK for three years before your course or have come to the UK as a migrant worker. You’ll find more information on the UKCISA.