British Council Women in STEM Scholarship 2022
Liverpool John Moores University, in partnership with the British Council, are pleased to offer fully funded scholarships for female students applying for Taught Masters in the following programmes. This award is only open to females from certain countries so please check the eligibility criteria for your country before applying.
The scholarships will cover full tuition fees, monthly stipends, return economy class air ticket and other study related costs such as IELTS, pre-sessional English study (if required) and standard visa application fees.
Faculty of Science
- MSc Climate Change and Sustainability
- MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology
- MSc Natural Products Discovery
Faculty of Health
- Female candidates from any of the following countries are invited to apply for these scholarships: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam. Candidates must be a passport holder and permanent resident of one of these eligible countries listed.
- Applicants must have an offer to study full time on one of the postgraduate taught programmes listed above and have firmly accepted their place to start in September 2022.
- Scholarship awards will be conditional on the recipient achieving the necessary English language requirements and undergraduate degree classification as stated in their course offer letter.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate any work experience or proven interest in their chosen programme, as well as a passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from their home country.
- Applicants must have the funds to cover the remaining living costs, travel and any other costs associated with studying at the University.
- Applicants must not have previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK, have recently lived in the UK, or hold dual British citizenship.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other financial support or funding towards your study programme in the UK or have previously received funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship or a UK institutional scholarship/financial bursary.
Please note: Recipients of this scholarship will be required to serve as ambassadors during their time at Liverpool John Moores University. They must then agree to return to their country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after their scholarship award has ended, extending the benefits achieved and skills developed to their home country.
How to apply
The deadline to apply for the British Council STEM Scholarship for 2022 entry has now passed.
All successful candidates who have applied prior to the March deadline will receive notification before the end of 31 May 2022.
If you have not heard back prior to this date, please note that unfortunately your application will not have been successful for 2022 entry.