Explore the full range of postgraduate scholarships available to you.
LJMU offer scholarships to postgraduate students wishing to study with us from overseas. We do this in the form of tuition fee reductions and working alongside other external funding councils to produce many options for our students.
Am I eligible?
In order to qualify for one of the below scholarships, you must first meet a set list of criteria. Awards will be granted upon candidates meeting all conditions along with the presentation of an outstanding application and supporting documentation.
Competitive scholarships have a limited number of awards. Students will be notified on the progress of their application as soon as possible after application.
- have an offer of study and have firmly accepted their place before they are eligible to apply for scholarship funding
- not have already studied a postgraduate taught degree (unless applying for PhD study funding)
- have the funds to cover the remaining living costs, travel and any other costs associated with studying at the University
LJMU funded scholarships
LJMU are pleased to be able to offer £3,000 tuition fee discounts to eligible applicants without a separate application process. All achievement scholarships are awarded automatically to all who fit the essential criteria as stated below:
Successful candidates must:
- be self-funded
- meet the conditions stated in their full-time, postgraduate taught course offer letter
- not also have funding from other external sources such as government or employer sponsorship
- study full time at Liverpool John Moores University
If you meet the above criteria, we will send an update of your scholarship status in the unconditional offer letter for your course.
Externally funded scholarships
British Council Women in STEM Scholarships – South East Asia:
Liverpool John Moores University in partnership with the British Council are pleased to announce five fully funded scholarships for female students from South East Asia applying for Taught Masters in the following programmes:
Faculty of Science:
Faculty of Health:
Female candidates from any of the following countries are invited to apply for these scholarships:
Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
The scholarships will cover full tuition fees, monthly stipends, return economy class air ticket and other study related costs such as IELTS, pre-sessional (if required) and standard visa application fees.
Deadline: Please ensure to have submitted your application to one of the eligible programmes by the 7th of March 2021. The STEM Scholarship deadline has been extended to the 24th of March 2021 12pm GMT
Please do not submit a STEM Application until you at least have a conditional offer from the university. Any STEM application submitted without a valid university offer will be deleted immediately.
Register to watch a previously recorded webinar on demand
- Applicants should have an offer to study full time on one of the programmes listed above starting in September 2021 to be considered for the scholarship
- Scholarship awards will be conditional on the recipient achieving any language requirements and degree classification
- Only female applicants from Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam will be considered for the scholarship
- Recipients will be required to serve as ambassadors during their time at Liverpool John Moores University
How to apply:
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must be holding an offer of study at the University. In order to complete the application form, you will need to state your applicant ID number. This can be found on the top right hand side of your offer letter. Please state it accurately.
To access the application form, please click here.
Should you have any questions before starting the application, please contact Rosalyn Harrison on email@example.com
Applications for the Chevening Scholarship are now open for students beginning their Postgraduate study in September 2021. For more information, see the Chevening website.
*Please note that the University does not offer family accommodation as part of the accommodation guarantee. If those travelling on full scholarships wish to bring their families with them, the University can offer advice on privately owned accommodation in this instance but cannot guarantee rooms.
Please contact us IAC@ljmu.ac.uk.
"During my time at LJMU I have developed sports leggings which increase the blood circulation in the lower body and gloves which offer extra grip for sporting applications"