Advice and guidance
Starting a new university can be a daunting experience but don't worry we are here to make this transition as easy as possible. I you have any questions about what you need to do before you enrol or what life is like as a LJMU student, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We are here to help.
Information for new UK undergraduate students
All UK-based new students will receive a starter pack in the post. This starter pack will include:
- A letter from the Head of Student Administration
- Details on how to complete the online student registration process (Step 3 on the Before You Arrive website)
- An Essential Checklist outlining the key documents you need to bring with plus key dates for your diary (also available by logging on to the Before You Arrive website).
- An IM Marsh Travel Guide will additionally be sent to all students studying at the IM Marsh Campus in Aigburth, just outside Liverpool City Centre. Again this is available by logging on to the Before You Arrive website.
Information for new international students
All international students will receive an email giving them details on how to how complete the online student registration process and much more. All of this information, including the International Students Essential Checklist, is also available by logging on to the Before You Arrive website.
Not received your starter pack or joining instructions email?
If you haven't received your starter pack or joining instructions email, please contact the Registration Helpline (0151 231 3289, firstname.lastname@example.org) to get your Student ID number, which you need for Step 1 to activate your LJMU computer account.
If you have any other queries, please contact relevant Student Administration Centre:
- Students studying courses in the Faculty of Arts, Professional and Social Studies: 0151 231 3333 / 3334
- Students studying courses based at the IM Marsh Campus, Aigburth: 0151 231 5432
- Students studying courses in the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Engineering and Technology: 0151 231 5805 / 5806
- Students studying nursing, midwifery, social work or other programmes in the Faculty of Education, Health and Community: 0151 231 5805 / 5806
Student Advice and Wellbeing Team
From budgeting to dealing with homesickness, study skills to student finances, the Student Advice Team is here to help.
So if you have any questions you need answered, please don't hesitate to contact them:
- Student funding and money advice: 0151 231 3153/3154, email@example.com
- Study skills and maths support: 0151 231 3048, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental wellbeing: 0151 231 3579 or 07929999366, email@example.com
- Counselling: 0151 231 3110, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability advice: 0151 231 3164/3165, email@example.com
- International students: 0151 231 3673, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accommodation advice: 0151 231 3499, email@example.com
- Academic advice: 0151 231 3162, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student opportunities: 0151 231 3714, email@example.com
- Support in your faculty: firstname.lastname@example.org