There's more to university life than just studying
As an LJMU student you are entitled to free membership of the Liverpool Students' Union
LiverpoolSU is the students’ union for over 21,000 LJMU students. We are a student-led organisation that exists solely to make the lives of LJMU students better. We want you to love student life.
We do this through:
- our sports, clubs, societies and events
- campaigning with and on behalf of students
- providing support, advice and information
We want our students to have the best academic and social experience Liverpool and LJMU can offer, and develop outstanding employability skills too.
There are many ways you can get involved:
- You can become a Course Rep, representing the views of fellow students on your course and helping to create positive change within the University.
- There are also around 100 sports clubs and societies ranging from football to student radio, LJMU Labour to the Snowriders and much more. Or if you can’t find anything that suits your taste, then why not start your own club or society? We offer funding and guidance to help you do just that. For more information please visit liverpoolsu.com.
Your sabbatical officers
The Liverpool Students' Union – and in particular your elected Sabbatical Officers – has a key role in ensuring the student voice is heard and acted upon at LJMU.
Each year the students of LJMU elect four students into office to run the students’ union, LiverpoolSU, and this year the President is Yasmin Ibrahim.
To contact Yasmin or one of her team of elected officers, visit LiverpoolSU website or pop into your local Students Union hub (MiniSU) on campus.
President: Yasmin Ibrahim
Vice-President (Activities): Rachael Smart
Vice-President (community Engagement): Howisha Charlery
Vice-President (Academic Quality): Angela Cliff
L-R: Howisha Charlery, Yasmin Ibrahim, Angela Cliff and Rachael Smart
Meet other students
From the moment you move in or arrive at LJMU and throughout the year, LiverpoolSU has a wide range of activities for you to get involved with.
We have ‘taster’ sessions run by our clubs and societies to give you a flavour of what they do; you can try everything from drama to hosting your own radio show, cheerleading to Ju Jitsu and Irish dancing to rowing.
We’ll also be starting our programme of non-competitive sports to give you more opportunities to get involved, make friends, have fun and stay fit.
The Union on campus
No matter where you study at LJMU, you are never far away from LiverpoolSU. The Union is situated in each of the three LJMU campuses. You can book an advice appointment, join a sports team, club or society, give feedback and find out how to get more involved with the Union at:
- Byrom Street Foyer
- Tithebarn Street Café
Mount Pleasant campus:
- John Foster Building (opposite the School Office for the School of Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Redmonds Building (Room G38)
IM Marsh campus
- Student Space
You can also contact the LiverpoolSU via: