Returning to the workplace
As you are aware, we have now opened all University buildings and all staff are now required to return to the workplace in accordance with local risk assessments. There is no longer a requirement for staff to wait to be ‘invited’ back or for staff to have a consent letter. We are also looking forward to welcoming our new and returning students to a blend of both face-to-face and remote teaching.
We are aware that some staff will be nervous about coming out of isolation; however we do believe that we have made the working environment as safe as possible.
To ensure that the workplace is as safe as possible, we have:
- Carried out institutional and local risk assessments
- Put social distancing measures in place
- Incorporated ‘cohorting’ (fixed teams) where appropriate
- Made personal protective equipment (PPE) available to staff
- Made the use of face coverings mandatory in all communal areas
- Allowed staff who travel on public transport to avoid peak travel times (wherever possible)
- Developed a dedicated website containing all risks assessments, COVID-19 related policies and information and FAQs
- We will continue to follow Government guidelines in the event of local lockdowns that have an impact on staff and in the event of school closures
- Developed a risk profile form and process to support more vulnerable staff back into the workplace
We are very much looking forward to having our LJMU community back together again.