Travelling to the university
We're asking LJMU staff and students to rethink how and when they travel. The university encourages you to walk or cycle wherever possible, especially if you live within a mile or two of our campuses, this ensures public transport is left for those who live further away.
Face coverings on public transport
Passengers must wear a face covering when travelling on public transport. If you have a health condition or disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering, you can use Merseyrail's face covering exemption card.
Please see some important information about parking below:
- We will refund any parking fees collected in April, May and June and you will not be charged for July and August if you have to come in for the odd day or are working across the week as normal.
- If you want to reinstate your pass in September, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be automatically re-enrolled for a 12-month pass from 1 September unless you inform us that you do not want to continue from September 2020.
- For staff who do not cancel, you will still be able to use your permit in the normal way. All car parks will be open from 29 June.
- You will be able to purchase day passes at £3.50 per day, send an email if you would like to purchase a day pass.
- You can still purchase day passes at £3.50 per day from the Online Shop.
- Passes would need to be sent out and therefore at least seven days’ notice would be required. It is recommended that you purchase multiple day passes which you can use at any time. (Parking at Mount Pleasant Car Park is available without a permit for £4 per day).
- Please note: car parking charges will increase from January 2021 onwards (amount TBC).
- If you have any questions about parking, please email email@example.com