Online Module Selection
Online Module Selection
Thank you for engaging with Online Module Selection (OMS).
Selecting your modules won't take very long and you can complete OMS from any computer with an internet connection. Instructions on what you need to do are included below.
How to complete Online Module Selection
- Using your LJMU username and password, log on to the Student Information System
- Click on the Student Centre link in the Main Menu list
- Under the Academics Section, click the Plan link. This will open your Planner, showing the core modules that have been pre-selected for your programme for the 2020/2021 academic year
- Click the Plan by my requirements button. This will bring up a complete list of all the core and option modules you have already completed and those for the new academic year. Click Expand All to see your full Programme Plan, including Levels completed and those still to be completed
- Scroll through your Planner until you reach the Framework for Higher Education Qualification (FHEQ) level of study you will be taking during the academic year 2020/2021. You will now be able to see a list of all the option modules you can study
- Select the option module you want to study by clicking on title of the course, listed in the Description column. You will then be able to see more details about this specific module
- If you want to study this module next year, click on the Add to Planner link. A message will appear asking you to confirm your selection. On confirmation, you will see all of your planning choices for the 2020/2021 academic year. Click Plan by My Requirements to continue making your module option choices.
- You should only select Study Abroad modules if this has been agreed previously with your tutor or academic co-ordinator
- Make sure you only select enough modules to satisfy your credit requirements
- If you are unsure what option modules to study, please contact your Programme Team for advice
- Once you are back in the My Planner view you should complete Steps 6 and 7 until you have selected all of your option modules. All the option modules you have selected will be marked with a Blue Star.
- You will have the option to produce a printable receipt at every stage of the OMS process should you wish to keep a record of your choices
- When you have selected the number of credits required for OMS, you can log out of the Student Information System
A more detailed User Guide is also available.
Before you go anywhere near a computer we recommend that you talk to your programme leader or module tutors, if you haven't already done so, to find out what option modules are appropriate to your specific programme or route of study. You should also check that they meet the qualifying criteria for any professional accreditations associated with your course.
If you have any difficulties making your option module choices please call the OMS Helpline +44 (0)151 231 3289, or email email@example.com.