Upcoming opportunities and events
The Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Systems in Production Engineering and Maintenance ISPEM 2023
Date: Wednesday 13 to Friday 15 September 2023
Location: Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
Restricted funding call
UK-Malaysia Partnership Grant for Student Mobility
Building on the learnings and success of the UK-Malaysia University Consortium’s inaugural Student Conference themed “Intercultural Perspectives on Sustainable Development and Equality in Higher Education”, the British Council is delighted to publish a restricted grant call for UK and Malaysia higher education institutions who are members of the Consortium to submit joint proposals in response to the UK-Malaysia Going Global Partnerships Grant for Student Mobility 2023.
What funding is available?
A total grant value of £90,000 has been allocated to support three higher education collaborative projects (£30,000 each) between the UK and Malaysia Consortium member institutions for developing innovative and sustainable student mobility initiatives that enhance student outcomes and competencies for participants from the UK and Malaysia.
Who can apply?
This is a restricted grant call for higher education institutions which are part of the UK-Malaysia University Consortium to submit joint proposals for developing innovative and sustainable student mobility initiatives between the UK and Malaysia.
What is the focus?
The overarching objective of UK-Malaysia Going Global Partnerships Grant for Student Mobility 2023 is to support lead institutions from the UK and Malaysia to develop innovative and sustainable student mobility initiatives. The initiative(s) should include activities that combine both virtual and physical mobility components, and address the following objectives:
- Develop transdisciplinary mobility modules that provide students with opportunities for Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL), cultural exchange and research-based learning, with the objective of tackling specific challenges (e.g. those linked to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals or other societal challenges identified by the institutions).
- Develop strong links with industry partners in the region which would lead to opportunities for UK students to grow their understanding of Malaysia and the South East Asian Region through initiatives such as internships opportunities and work-based learning. The ultimate aim is to develop a cohort of UK students who are more ‘Asian-literate’.
- Devise a flexible mobility approach that is open to students from various study disciplines and at any level (bachelor, master and doctoral levels), as well as accessible to those from diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Strengthen capacity in developing mobility initiatives in higher education institutions and share best practices for embedding student mobility sustainably within the curriculum to enhance student outcomes and competencies.
What is the focus?
Please visit the British Council Malaysia website and download all the required documents:
- Application guidance
- Application form
- Budget template
- Agreement template for institutional partnerships
- Bank details form
Submit your completed application and other requested documents via email to MYKUL1Education@britishcouncil.org.
The application deadline is 29 September 2023 at 11.59pm UK time.
Going Global 2023: The conference for leaders of international education
Dates: Monday 20 to Wednesday 22 November 2023
Location: Edinburgh, UK
The 2nd International Conference on Data Science and Emerging Technologies (DaSET 2023)
Theme: Towards Green Artificial Intelligence and Sustainable Computing
Dates: 4 and 5 December 2023
Location: Microsoft Teams