Recognition of Prior Learning

If you can demonstrate that you have already achieved learning equivalent to a module or modules, or a level of study, in the programme you are considering applying for at LJMU you may be eligible to be awarded credit for this learning or to have credit transferred from another UK institution. This would mean that you would not have to study those modules at LJMU.

Credits may be awarded for learning already undertaken in the University or elsewhere for which you have received qualifications or certificates. This is called credit transfer or the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).

You may also submit a claim for recognition of unaccredited prior learning (RP(E)L). This may be for work you have accomplished in a professional, paid or voluntary capacity. This has to be submitted via an RPL form with supporting evidence. You will also be liable to pay an administration fee and charge per credit.

For more details on how to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning, please contact the faculty admission.