Open doors with postgraduate study at LJMU
Whether you want to become an expert in your field or follow an entirely new career path, postgraduate study offers a wealth of opportunity. By providing a much-needed edge in the job market it can make you stand out from the crowd and demonstrate your ability to work – and think – independently.
Our postgraduate events are a great opportunity to see what postgraduate study can do for you. So why not come along and find out more?
Five reasons to choose postgraduate study
There are many reasons to decide postgraduate study is right for you but here are some highlights:
1. You'll have great employment prospects
Take a look at our World of Work Careers Centre and see how you can join the 96% of LJMU postgraduates who are in professional employment within six months of graduation.
2. Your earning potential will grow
Postgraduates are thought to earn an extra £200,000 over the course of their career so taking your studies to the next level makes perfect financial sense.
3. It's affordable
With 20% off postgraduate tuition fees for LJMU graduates, the all new postgraduate loans and a host of other ways to fund your education, postgraduate study is now more accessible than ever. For more information see our Financing your study pages.
4. There's something for everyone
We’ve over 130 postgraduate programmes to inspire you as well as a host of research opportunities. Take a look and start planning your future today.
5. You can change direction
Fancy moving into a new subject area? You can progress to these postgraduate courses from a wide range of degrees.
Art, Design and Humanities:
Business and Management:
- Digital Marketing MSc
- Entrepreneurship MSc
- Human Resource Management (incorporating MA, HRM and MSc International HRM)
- International Business and Management MSc
- International Events Management MSc
- International Public Relations MSc
- International Tourism Management MSc
- Management and Digital Business MSc
- Management MSc
Engineering and Technology:
- Applied Facilities Management MSc
- Architectural Engineering MSc
- Commercial Building Surveying MSc
- Construction Project Management MSc
- Integrated Building Information Management (BIM) MSc
- Project Management MSc
- Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management MSc
- Real Estate MSc
- Water, Energy and the Environment MSc
Law, Policing and Criminal Justice:
Media and Creative Industries:
Public Health and Social Care:
20%discount on your annual postgraduate tuition fees for LJMU graduates
130+postgraduate programmes are available at LJMU
96%of our postgraduates are in professional employment after completing their studies (4% above national average)
£10,000is the amount you could borrow towards your studies with a postgraduate loan