- Kahn is an Electronics Engineer based in Boulder, Colorado.
- She has cerebral palsy and works on the nationwide public-safety broadband network for the National Institute of Standards.
- Kahn has worked as the Project Lead for First Responder Personal Area Network research, sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology directorate.
- This project is working to identify and address barriers in the use of Internet-of-Things data during field operations by first responders.
- Kahn acknowledges that new acquaintances underestimate her because of her limp and will joke about to put colleagues at ease, "I focus on knowing what I can do and showing people that. I’m not going to run a marathon, but the brain is there.”
Text: Barger, T., 2017. Engineers with disabilities: inveterate problem solvers [Resources_Careers]. IEEE Spectrum, 54(1), pp.19-19.[Accessed March 2020].Available at: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7802734.
Author: Efe Otobrise (2020) LJMU Student
Maintained by: EDIpedia@ljmu.ac.uk