Let’s Talk About Religion and Belief
LJMU’s Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Team, are proud to be working in partnership with Zia Chaudhry (Director of LJMU Foundation for Citizenship), Zane Abdo (LJMU Muslim Adviser/Chaplin) and other external consultants in order to offer LJMU Staff (& Students*), the opportunity to participate in a bespoke, half day Religion & Belief workshop.
- Thursday 24th October 2019 - Byrom Street (10:00 - 13:00)
- Monday 20th January 2020 - Open to all University Staff & Students | Exchange Station (10:00 - 13:00 & 14:00 - 17:00)
- Friday 13th March 2020 - Redmonds Building (10:00 - 13:00)
- Wednesday 13th May 2020 - Redmonds Building (10:00 - 13:00)
To book your place and to find out more about each of our EDI Workshops, visit the LJMU Staff Development Calendar.
The Aim Of The Training Session Is To Help Participants:
- Develop a deeper understanding of different religions and beliefs.
- Building Good Relations with People of Different Faiths and Beliefs.
- Skills for working and studying as part of a diverse university environment.
- Actions that can be detrimental to the general wellbeing of staff and students, which can also be unlawful.
- Reflect on any unconscious bias that may lead us to make assumptions about people who are different from ourselves.
- The University’s obligations under the Equality Act 2010.
- Explore key features of religion & belief in Higher Education and its effects on student and staff.
- The right of employees and students who do not hold a religious belief to be treated no less favourably than their religious colleagues.
- Develop a strategy for individual action
Who can attend?This training opportunity is open to all LJMU Staff (*& students where stated). Places are limited and will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis.
Please email email@example.com or call 0151 231 8660 / 8141