LGBTIQ+ Staff Network
What does LGBTIQ+ mean?
LGBTIQ+ stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning, Plus (+) which represents other sexual identities.
For more LGBTIQ+ community related terms and a glossary of definitions, please visit Stonewall.
What is the LJMU Together (LGBTIQ+) Staff Network and what do they do?
The University LJMU Together (LGBTIQ+) Staff Network support the strategic aim of being a University where each person is respected equally and where diversity is embraced. The group will meet regularly as a staff support network and also assist the University with reviewing progress against the University’s LGBTIQ+ Equality Objectives and to share best practice.
Key responsibility of the network:
- To promote awareness raising initiatives e.g. campaigning for Zero Tolerance against Homophobic, Transphobic and Biphobia Bullying and Harassment
- To promote LGB&T+ equality and inclusion, through training and Reverse Mentoring
- To provide a forum for discussing appropriate issues
- To provide support and networking
- To raise issues in a safe environment
- To contribute on policy development and Equality Impact Assessments
- To meet a number of times a year
- To organise social events to celebrate diversity and inclusion
- To contribute to staff development, graduate development, leadership and career progression
- To share best practice and provide support and advice to other cross sector LGB&T+ Networks on being a Stonewall Diversity Champion
LJMU Together (LGBTIQ+) Staff Network Terms Of Reference
How to join the LJMU Together (LGBTIQ+) Staff Network
If you are a member of LJMU/JMSU Staff whom identifies as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning, Plus (+) and would like to join the LJMU Together (LGBTIQ+) Staff Network, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will then be added to the network mailing list and will receive relevant communications and invites to related meetings/events.
If you are a member of LJMU/JMSU staff and are keen to support LGBTIQ+ Equality, you can join the "LGBTIQ+ Equality Allies" mailing list, where you will receive relevant communications including invites to related events and a select number of LJMU Together (LGBTIQ+) Staff Network meetings per year.
To become a "LGBTIQ+ Equality Ally", please email your request to email@example.com.