Disability Related Training Opportunities and Events For LJMU Staff (Internal)
LJMU EDI Workshop (2019 - 2020)
Training For Managers Of Staff/Students With Disabilities & Long-Term Health Conditions Including Mental Health
LJMU’s Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Team, are proud to be working in partnership with coaching and training specialists; Result CIC (Community Interest Company) and are pleased to offer LJMU Managers, Programme Leaders and Personal Tutors (those directly responsible for staff/students) the opportunity to participate in a half day Training for Managers of Staff with Disabilities & Long-Term Health Conditions Including Mental Health, workshop.
The aim of the programme is to offer LJMU Managers and Programme Leaders/Personal Tutors further support and guidance, in relation to; operating more confidently and effectively, whilst developing themselves and their staff/students positively.
Wednesday 4th December 2019
12:30 – 16:00
Thursday 12th March 2020
12:30 – 16:00
Book Your Place Online Via The LJMU Staff Development Calendar
The Aim Of The Training Session Is To Help Participants:
- Understand the social model of disability, which underpins UK rights legislation.
- Learn how to develop personal confidence in understanding and discussing disability (people living with physical disabilities and long term illnesses including mental health conditions) and be more self-aware about how their own experience comes to bear on this.
- Learn how to support staff and students who are experiencing mental health difficulties.
- Work together to develop a practical action plan to help themselves and each other approach actual and potential challenges around disability and mental health in future.
- Outline a number of practical measures that can be made to increase opportunities for disclosure and provide targeted and anticipatory support, such as peer-to-peer mentoring/coaching.
- Learn how to provide an inclusive environment.
Who can attend?
This training opportunity is open to LJMU Managers, Programme Leaders and Personal Tutors (those directly responsible for staff/students).
Places are limited and will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis.
To find out more about all of our EDI Workshops on offer, please visit the LJMU Staff Development Calendar
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 231 8660 / 8141