LJMU Staff Development Funding
- LJMU Staff Development Funding Guidelines and Application Form - Apprenticeship programmes, LJMU undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, and other internal and external funding.
- LJMU Staff Apprenticeship Agreement Form - this needs to be completed for all apprenticeship programme funding applications. It needs to be send alongside the completed LJMU Staff Development Application Form to Michael Monaghan, Apprenticeship Levy Project Lead, email@example.com.
- LJMU Apprenticeship Levy Funding Application Process - this is a flowchart for staff information regarding the Apprenticeship Levy funding application process.
How can I find out what programmes are available or information about a specific programme?
Staff members should look and research this themselves, with line-managers support if necessary, by looking at the programme providers' website and contacting the provider directly if needed.
- For LJMU degree and masters degree programmes (both apprenticeships and non-apprenticeships), you look via the LJMU website Search Courses page. Then if you need any further questions answering, speak to the relevant admissions team for that programme.
- For internal LJMU programmes which require funding such as our ILM Leadership and Management, ILM Coaching and Mentoring and AUA CPD Programme, you would look at the programme information via the LDF website Development Opportunities page, contacting the LDF if further information is required.
- For external programmes, you would look at the providers website and speak to them via email/phone if needed.
- For apprenticeship programmes, you can use the Government’s online search portal to assist you with finding programmes and providers https://findapprenticeshiptraining.apprenticeships.education.gov.uk/Apprenticeship/Search.
I have a question about filling in the funding application form, who should I speak to?
Staff members should ensure they have thoroughly read the LJMU Staff Development Funding Guidelines. If advice is needed staff members should speak to their Line Manager (the Line Manager should read the LJMU Staff Development Funding Guidelines). If more advice is still needed about filling in the funding application form, staff members or managers can contact the LJMU Apprenticeship Levy Project Lead: Michael Monaghan, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ext. 6112.
Who is my local Business Partner (BP)?
|Naomi Scharf||Business Partner for Division of Student and
Academic Services excluding Library Services
|Laura Halpin||Business Partner for the Faculty of Engineering &
|Joanne Wilson||Business Partner for the Faculty of Education,
Health & Community
|Sandra McCrystal||Business Partner for the Faculty of Arts, Professional
& Social Studies and the Faculty of Business
|Sally-Ann Costello||Business Partner for Division of Organisational
Enhancement & Library Services
|Maureen Lee||Business Partner for Faculty of Science
|Collette Dickinson||Business Partner for Finance & Resource Division
(excluding Estate Management) & Vice-Chancellor
and Chief Executive's Office and Pro Vice Chancellors
||Business Partner for Estate Management
and Co-ordinator Team Leader
Who do I speak to for advice about creating a new LJMU staff apprenticeship job role?
For managers who want to employ a new member of staff as an apprentice, please contact Michael Monaghan, LJMU Apprenticeship Levy Project Lead, email@example.com or Ext. 6112.