Free off-peak Lifestyles membership for staff
As LJMU staff, you are entitled to apply for free off-peak membership for Lifestyles Fitness Centres across Liverpool*. Discounted peak-rate membership is also available.
In order to qualify for the free off-peak and discounted peak membership, you must complete your Lifestyles application form. Once you've completed your form, take it along to your nearest Lifestyles Fitness Centre. You'll also need to take your LJMU staff ID card as proof of your identity.
As a member of Lifestyles you will be able to use:
- 11 fitness suites, some of which offer TV screens on the cardio equipment and even iPod docking stations. There is no charge for fitness advice and instructors are on hand at all times. Plus the Technogym system in the fitness suites allows you to store your gym workout programme on a key that records your activity, so you can track your progress either in the gym or anywhere via the internet
- 8 swimming pools, including the Olympic-sized Liverpool Aquatics Centre pool in Wavertree
- Tennis centre with indoor and outdoor floodlit court
- Two golf courses (18-hole) with an additional nine-hole course at Allerton
- Squash and badminton courts
- Over 400 coached fitness classes each week including martial arts, Zumba and circuit training
- Steam and sauna rooms
- Floodlit synthetic grass pitches
- Athletics track
So don’t sign up for an expensive gym membership, you can get fit for free simply by completing the form.
*Please note: the University has secured a contract with Liverpool City Council's Lifestyles Fitness Centres until 31 August 2021 only.