As easy as 1, 2, 3
As an LJMU student, you are entitled to apply for free off-peak membership for Lifestyles Fitness Centres across Liverpool*. Discounted peak-rate membership is also available.
In order to qualify for the free off-peak and discounted peak membership, you must complete the following three steps:
- Step 1: Be studying your programme at LJMU in Liverpool – students from partner colleges or other institutions are not eligible.
- Step 2: Complete your registration and enrolment for the current academic year – for new students, this means attending your enrolment session at your designated LJMU Library.
- Step 3: Then you will need to complete your Lifestyles application form. Once you've completed your form, take it along to your nearest Lifestyles Fitness Centre. You'll also need to take your LJMU student or staff ID card as proof of your identity.
As a member of Lifestyles you will be able to use:
- 11 fitness suites, some of which offer TV screens on the cardio equipment and even iPod docking stations. There is no charge for fitness advice and instructors are on hand at all times. Plus the Technogym system in the fitness suites allows you to store your gym workout programme on a key that records your activity, so you can track your progress either in the gym or anywhere via the internet
- 8 swimming pools, including the Olympic-sized Liverpool Aquatics Centre pool in Wavertree
- Tennis centre with indoor and outdoor floodlit court
- Two golf courses (18-hole) with an additional nine-hole course at Allerton
- Squash and badminton courts
- Over 400 coached fitness classes each week including martial arts, Zumba and circuit training
- Steam and sauna rooms
- Floodlit synthetic grass pitches
- Athletics track
So don't waste your student loan by signing up for an expensive gym membership. You can get fit for free simply by completing the three simple steps above.