Free gym membership
As easy as 1, 2, 3
The health, welfare and wellbeing of our student community is our number one priority which is why we are pleased to offer you our free off-peak membership for Lifestyles Fitness Centres across Liverpool*. Discounted peak-rate membership is also available.
It is more important than ever that we take positive steps to have a good self-care plan in place and to look after our wellbeing.
Being physically active can help keep us fit, manage stress and boost our sense of wellbeing.
So don't waste your student loan by signing up for an expensive gym membership. You can get fit for free simply by completing these three simple steps:
- Step 1: Be studying your programme at LJMU in Liverpool – students from partner colleges or other institutions are not eligible.
- Step 2: Complete your registration and enrolment for the current academic year
- Step 3: Then you will need to complete your LJMU Lifestyles application form
Where do I take my form?
Once you have completed your form download it to your mobile device and take it to your preferred Lifestyle Fitness Centre. More info on what centres are open is featured further below. If you are unsure how to get to your preferred centre please call them for direction.
Before you visit your preferred Lifestyles centre, you can also progress your booking online at the Lifestyles website. This will save you time and avoid unnecessary waiting in reception. Complete the five simple step process to Join Lifestyles and ensure you choose the membership agreement LJMU standard.
On arrival to the centre the customer assistant will provide you with the email address to send the Lifestyles LJMU form over to enable you to be added to their system. You’ll also need to take your LJMU student or staff ID card as proof of your identity.
You will then be given a membership card to swipe for your future bookings at Lifestyles.
Lifestyles Centres open during Covid
Lifestyles is doing a phased reopening of their Centres. Four of the centres are currently open:
Alsop: 1 Walton Village, Walton, Liverpool, L4 6RW, Telephone: 0151 233 5433
Cardinal Heenan: Honeysgreen Lane, Liverpool, L12 9HZ, Telephone: 0151 233 2345
Garston: Long Lane, Garston, Liverpool, L19 6PE, Telephone: 0151 233 5433
Liverpool Aquatics Centre: Wavertree Sports Park, Wellington Road, Liverpool, L15 4LE, Telephone: 0151 233 5433
- 4 Fitness suites, some of which offer TV screens on the cardio equipment, there is no charge for fitness advice and instructors will be available at all times. If you haven’t used a Lifestyles centre before then you must attend an induction which can be booked online once your membership is active.
- 3 swimming pools, including the Olympic-sized Liverpool Aquatic Centre in Wavertree.
- Over 150 coached fitness classes each week including Zumba, Circuit Training and HIIT style sessions.
Millennium will remain closed until further notice.
It is advisable you contact the Centres before you visit to check opening times and operation information.
For more information on how Lifestyles gyms are operating during Covid please visit the Lifestyles website.
*The University has secured a contract with Liverpool City Council's Lifestyles Fitness Centres until 31 August 2021 only.