Are you looking for a study placement?
The information below is for Liverpool John Moores University students who would like to study abroad in another European country via Erasmus.
Where can I study?
Download a list of all of our current Erasmus+ partners for the academic year. Each of the partners has an academic coordinator here at Liverpool John Moores University. If you are interested in studying at one of these institutions you will need to contact the relevant coordinator within your subject area.
What are the requirements for a study placement?
A study placement must encompass the following:
- Host must confirm the placement in writing
- Placement must be academically suitable and agreed with the student's Erasmus Academic Coordinator
- Be in one of the 33 European countries that is not the student’s country of residence (i.e. the 28 EU member states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia). For a full list of destinations see the UK National Agency for Erasmus+ website.
- Well-organised placements that assist students to acquire practical experience and add practical skills to the knowledge and qualifications that have previously been gained through either formal or non-formal education
- Carried out under guidance of a competent supervisor and have clear evaluation criteria of the placement period
- Must be a minimum of two months/maximum of one year
Please note that the following types of organisations are not eligible as hosts:
- EU bodies (e.g. European Commission) including specialised agencies
- Organisations managing EU programmes (such as national agencies e.g. British Council, Ecorys) in order to avoid possible conflict of interests and/or double funding
- Diplomatic representations (embassies or consulates) of the student's home country (i.e. the country of student's home institution and country of origin or citizenship)