Support for international students
You've got your place at LJMU, made the journey to the UK, and have now arrived in one of the most exciting and historic cities in the UK – congratulations!
As an international student you are part of LJMU’s proud and diverse student community. We are delighted to welcome international students from 100+ countries around the world to Liverpool and our University campus.
To help you settle into life at Liverpool and the University, LJMU has a dedicated team of International Student Advisers. They are experienced in dealing with the kinds of issues that international students may face when moving to a new country, such as visa renewal, travelling to the UK, accommodation, financial concerns and the natural challenges emerging from developing a new ‘home away from home’.
The range of support services include:
- Study support and English language workshops: these free workshops run throughout the academic year. Find out more about the workshops.
- Spiritual support: LJMU’s Spiritual Support team offers confidential, non-judgmental pastoral care and support to students and staff of all beliefs and backgrounds. Find out more about spiritual support at LJMU.
- International Grants: LJMU Chaplains can help international students apply for small grants (typically £500) to support you while you are studying. Certain conditions apply. For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multi-faith and Muslim prayer rooms: the quiet spaces in Mount Pleasant campus, the Henry Cotton Building and IM Marsh campus are designed to be multi-faith. Henry Cotton also offers an additional room for Muslim prayers. For more information, please contact the Student Advice Team.
- Counselling service: LJMU’s free counselling service is open to all students at LJMU. Based in Kingsway House, Hatton Gardens, the Counselling Team can be contacted by calling 0151 904 6123 or emailing email@example.com.
- Support for students with disabilities: call 0151 904 6037/6052, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of the support available. If you become ill or have a temporary disability while studying in the UK, emergency funding may be available in certain circumstances.
- International students with families: if you are planning to bring your dependants to the UK, please contact LJMU’s International Student Advisers for advice and guidance.
- Library services: the three libraries at LJMU provide a range of services and facilities. Come along and meet your Academic Liaison Librarian who can offer specialist research support. Find out more about Library services.
Tel: 0151 231 3673
Welcome from the Liverpool Students' Union
Liverpool Students' Union (Liverpool SU) represents all Liverpool John Moores University students. Liverpool SU are central to how the organisation is run: students vote for the four Sabbatical Officers elected each year and can also get involved via the regular 'Have Your Say' conferences and online events. In addition, the Liverpool SU provides a range of opportunities to join student groups in Liverpool and nationally and runs a wide variety of social and sports clubs. Visit liverpoolsu.com to find out more.