How to apply for a postgraduate course
If you’re familiar with the entrance requirements and learning formats of the various postgraduate study options available at LJMU and you’ve found a postgraduate course you are interested in, you can apply for either a postgraduate taught or research programme using the online application form.
Applying for a PhD
If you are interested in applying for a PhD we would encourage you to take a look at the application guidelines: Steps to apply for a PhD before completing this online application form.
Guidance notes for the application process
- So that we can provide you with a quick decision, you should include all the required qualifications, grades and skills needed to study the programme as outlined in the course factfiles
- Check whether the course you are interested in is available on a part-time basis by reading the relevant course factfile
- Prior to starting the application form we recommend you have to hand details of all your qualifications; you will be required to supply your grades and the date you successfully completed your course(s)
- If you are an international student your passport details and/or international agent number will be required
- You will be asked to give details of why you want to study the programme. Please make sure you include in here any relevant skills or work experience you have
- A pre-written personal statement or research proposal can be copied and pasted into your application in the appropriate section of the online form
- When choosing a course from the course list on the application form, ensure you double click the course title to select that course
- Please follow the instructions given to complete the online form carefully. Throughout the application form there are guidance boxes to help you.
Please note that not all courses are available via the LJMU online application form and instead require you to apply via external websites:
- Full-time students for the LLM Qualifying Law and Legal Practice Course should apply direct to the Central Applications Board via the link on the factfile. If you wish to study these courses part-time you should apply via LJMU’s online application form
- MA Social Work applications are made through UCAS
- PGCE applications are made through the UCAS Teacher Training website
What happens after you apply?
- You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have received your application
- You’ll then receive a second email containing the contact details of the relevant Faculty and your unique reference number
- Your application will be reviewed and an initial decision made as soon as possible. If your application is successful we will contact you to request further supporting documentation including proof of qualifications and references
If you have any questions please get in touch with us via our online form or call 0151 231 5090.
Read LJMU's Admissions Policy