CPD Clinical Diagnostics
Level 7 (postgraduate), 10 Credits
The aim of the programme is to provide the healthcare practitioner with the underpinning knowledge to interpret physiological and clinical data. It will help prepare you for your final unseen written examination.
This course will give you the underpinning knowledge to interpret physiological and clinical data and is ideal if you are an experienced healthcare professional who wants to develop additional knowledge within this field.
The course is particularly relevant if you:
- are working in primary and secondary care, and have recently completed a course in physical examination skills
- Clinical (this is a multi-professional module)
- are considering future roles as a nurse clinician / nurse practitioner or advanced practitioner in a variety of disciplines
Teaching and learning
This innovative module uses a scenario-based approach and a variety of teaching and learning methods including:
- interactive lectures
- case histories
- clinically directed workbook activities
You will be required to attend one two hour session weekly over the duration of a 15 week semester.
In order to be considered for this course, you must:
- be a healthcare professionals relevant clinical experience or recent evidence of completing a course in advanced clinical skills
- have a letter from your employer confirming support of your studies
Please contact the Faculty Admissions Team for further information
Module leader : Rosemary McCarthy
T: 0151 231 4493
This Continuing Professional Development programme can be studied within the MSc Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical) award framework or as a single CPD.
The University may make changes to a programme of study or module where such changes are deemed to be beneficial to students, are minor in nature and unlikely to impact negatively upon students or become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the University.
Further guidance on programme changes.